Here is a list of ongoing research projects (active)
we are leading or contributing with total support over $15 million
from federal and state programs, and industry partners.
- 'Cooperative Institute for Research to Operations in Hydrology (CIROH)'.
- 'Novel Integration of Direct Measurements with Numerical Models for Real-time Estimation and Forecasting of Streamflow Response to Cyclical Processes: Time Varying Flow and Seasonal Changes of Riparian Roughness'.
- 'Track E: Linking the Green Economy to the Blue Economy at the Coast'.
NSF Convergence Accelerator
- 'GP-GO: Iowa Environmental Internship Pathways Program'.
- 'River Morphology Data and Analysis Tools (RiverMorph): A Web Platform for Enabling River Morphology Research'.
- 'CyberWater - An Open and Sustainable Framework for Diverse Data and Model Integration with Provenance and Access To HPC'.
- 'An Integrated Big Data Framework for Water Quality Issues in the Upper Mississippi River Basin'.
NSF Big Data
- 'Ashton Prairie Living Laboratory'.
UIOWA P3 Program
- 'Identification of Dominant Factors and Modeling Harmful Algal Bloom Dynamics for Major Lakes in Iowa'.
UIOWA Healthy Lakes Initiative
- 'Watershed-Level Multi-Criteria Quantification of Agricultural Sustainability for Iowa'.
- 'AI-Enabled Intelligent Assistant (AIIA) for Personalized and Adaptive Learning and Advising'.
- 'Actionable Flood Warnings Based on Ground-truth Data to Support Iowa DOT BridgeWatch Platform'.
- 'Assessing the Flood Reduction Benefits of On-road Structures'.
- 'Design Guidelines and Mitigation Strategies for Reducing Sedimentation of Multi-Barrel Culverts'.
- 'Disaster Route Planning for Floods'.
IA DOT, MATC
- 'Data Anomaly Detection and Sediment Yield Estimation in the USACE’s Reservoir Sedimentation Information (RSI) Database'.
- 'Connecting Rural and Peri-urban Farmers to Demonstrate and Disseminate Innovative Nutrient and Sediment Reduction Practices'.
- 'Data Visualization of IWA Data and Project Sites'.
IA HSEMD, Iowa Homeland Security
- 'Information and Decision System for Poultry Infectious Diseases'.
Iowa Poultry Association
- 'Coupling Physical and Societal Objectives for Decision Making in Water Resources Management'.
Iowa Water Center
- 'A Serious Game on Flood Mitigation for K-12 and Public Education'.
Iowa Water Center
- 'E-Tailored Pain Management Support for Dementia Family Caregivers'.
- 'HydroLang: An Open-Source Web-Based Programming Framework for Hydrological Community'.
- 'Big Sioux River Basin Flood Information System'.
SD DENR, South Dakota DNR
- 'Knowledge Discovery, Integration and Communication for Extreme Weather and Flood Resilience Using Artificial Intelligence'.
Microsoft, AI for Earth Program
- 'UIOWA Hackathon'.
NSF MBDH, UIOWA, Industry